07 October 2007

Rapid Fire

It's Sunday. I just went into work for the lunch shift, got two tables and got cut. Slow. I just made $7. Yippee. So I figured I'd post a bunch of things I've learned while here in PA. A-heeeeeeeeeere we go!

- Tip your waiter. I know they gave you bad service. It isn't because they're incompetent. I promise. They might not look busy, but trust me. They are.
- Public transportation is amazing.
- Either there aren't any Christians in Philly, or no one prays before meals anymore.
- You need to read something by Donald Miller very soon.
- Mac is better than PC. Way better. Sorry.
- I know your child is getting on your nerves, but don't take it out on the waiter. Please?
- Oh, and refills. If you are with a lot of people, just be patient. It's not easy to get refills for a table of eight. There's a full restuarant and one place to get drinks, and every single server in the place is going there. Calm down and drink more slowly.
- Walt Whitman? Might have been a bit loony, but he saw the Jesus in every single person alive.
- The newspaper is my new favorite part of the day.
- Did I mention that Mac is better the PC?
- Hip-hop radio is great in small doses, but every time you go back into the dish room? If I hear "Crank That Soulja Boy" one more time, I might jam this fork into the speaker.
- Apparently nobody sleeps where I work. Every single person I talk to is hopped up on Red Bull and talking about how they were trashed last night and didn't get to bed until 8am.
- An espresso is not a coffee. Don't yell at me.
- A mudslide is not as froofy as you think. Don't yell at me.
- I'm sorry we don't have steak sauce. This is an Italian Restaurant.
- And don't yell at me.
- 3:10 To Yuma was great, and Russell Crowe is an amazing actor. I know that's not profound or anything, but there ya go.
- Philadelphia sports fans are crazy, and many times violent. I've been challenged to three fights by complete strangers until I swore my undying allegiance to the Phils.

That'll do for now. Maybe I'll do another of these in a week or two. Very... cleansing. I feel so fresh and so clean, clean.

4 comments:

Jennifer Benz said...

I love reading your ramblings, Jimbo. You crack me up! We have business lunches about 2x a week for a project that I'm on and since your posts, I have been extra nice, extra patient, and extra generous to my server friends. You've got some goodies coming your way this week, including some Old Crown Joe, courtesy of Mike and Jami. Enjoy!

Love you! Keddi Kare

Anonymous said...

hahaha, papi!!
How could anyone yell at your pretty face? hmm?

You've finally embraced the Mac side of the force...yeeeess, I can feel it. Grab your PC weapon, strike down an IT with it. He is defenseless. Do it and your journey towards the Mac side will be complete!!!

*sneeze*

wha?
oh hey papi!

love ya,
-mars

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.